“Pope Francis would love to visit here to see how this gorgeous land is so well cared for and respected. Thanks to your community for its generosity in making the decision to preserve and entrust it for future generations.”
– Sister Sue Fortier, OSB (Duluth, MN)
Solitude and Reflection
The four hermitages provided by The Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes are intended for women and men who seek God within and who are pursuing comfort in the stillness, solitude, and quiet that can be found amidst nature.
To keep the spirit of solitude in focus, only one person occupies a hermitage at any given time. The hermitages are available year-round, and one hermitage is ADA-accessible.
Peaceful & Comfortable Amenities
Each hermitage is a studio-cottage situated in the midst of nature in a wooded area. Several flowing streams and walking trails grace the grounds. In this sacred setting, there is a sense of not being alone, but of being with the Sacred we call God who is within, around, and among us.
The hermitage is secure and furnished for complete yet simple independent short-term living. Sitting and sleeping areas, kitchenette, and full bath are included.
- Linens, kitchen utensils, supplies, and basic condiments are provided.
- Eucharistic liturgy is available at the CSA Motherhouse or at nearby parishes.
- Meals are not provided, but there are appliances for preparation of food you bring.
- Smoking is not permitted, and pets are not allowed.
- Bring any personal items you may need such as an alarm clock, CD player, CDs.
- Hermitages and public spaces in the motherhouse do not have access to Wi-Fi. Retreatants may utilize personal hotspots or access Wi-Fi from local restaurants and coffee shops. Please stop at the reception desk in the motherhouse if you need directions.
- Spiritual direction and massage therapy are available during your retreat for an additional fee. Costs are arranged when you make appointments with the spiritual director or massage therapist.
Women Set Apart
Each hermitage is named for a woman of faith
- Esther is located in the open, with windows facing southwest toward the golf course.
- Sarah is surrounded by trees and is the most secluded of the four hermitages.
- Judith is a handicap accessible hermitage that is open to all retreatants and is located in the open. The toilet is higher with bars on the side and the shower includes a shower seat and a slightly bigger footprint.
- Miryam is out in the open on a slight hill above the other hermitages. It is the closest to Hwy 23.
Reservation Details & Cancelation Policies
Reservations for the hermitages can be made up to six months in advance and for a maximum of 14 consecutive days. There is no cancelation fee if you are unable to keep a scheduled reservation. Reservations must be made at least 48-hours prior to your scheduled arrival time.
While there is no set charge for the use of the hermitages, a free-will donation is much appreciated. Please note that Spiritual Direction and Massage services have separate fees that can be discussed at your first session/appointment.
Use the online calendar to confirm your requested hermitage is available. The hermitages are closed for the Christmas Holiday Season from December 23–January 2 annually.
Reservations are busiest from March through December, with more availability in the months of January and February.
For first-time retreatants
During your first retreat at CSA, you will receive an orientation from a sister upon your arrival. New Retreatant Orientation requires approximately 30-45 minutes and is available from 8-11:30 and 12:30-3 on weekdays; please plan your arrival time accordingly.
If you are unable to fill in the form electronically or have additional questions, check our FAQ or call 920.907.2300 on Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., email email@example.com, or write:
Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes
320 County Road K
Fond du Lac, WI 54937
To eliminate the potential of double booking a hermitage for those mailing a form, please contact Chelsea by phone at 920.907.2300 before putting your form in the mail.