The Leo House, a Catholic guesthouse for travelers located in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, provides affordable, temporary accommodations with old-world charm—a place where travelers have “found a haven embodying spiritual solace.
In the hallway of the second floor of the five-story annex building is a large stained-glass window featuring St. Raphael, the patron saint of travelers. On the same floor is a quaint chapel that seats about 25. The rooms and suites are modest, with white bed blankets and a crucifix that hangs on the wall. (From Catholic New York) Read more.
In print since 1908, The Tablet is the award-winning weekly newspaper of the Roman Catholic Diocese in Brooklyn and Queens. This week, they highlighted The Leo House which was originally established in 1889 by papal certification from Pope Leo XIII. The staff includes four Sisters of St. Agnes as well as lay personnel.
Learn more about The Leo House.