Bending the Arc
"the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." - MLK
Click here to sign-up to receive blog updates via email!
Note: The ideas and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author's and should not be ascribed to the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes or its members. On August 5, 2021, we archived old blog posts. You can find the archive by clicking here.
Click here to read the most recent edition of the emailed newsletter.
Participate in National Gun Violence Awareness Day
June 2 is National Gun Violence Awareness Day. The recently formed collaborative group Nuns Against Gun Violence is preparing materials for religious Congregations to use on that day. This new group consists of justice promoters from congregations across the country and is supported by the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR).
More details will be shared from the CSA JPIC Office, but for now, please mark your calendars and plan to participate in some way. Here are some suggestions:
- Place a light or candle in your window as a sign of your commitment to bringing this issue to light.
- Wear Orange to honor survivors of gun violence. Learn more about the Wear Orange movement here: https://everytownsupportfund.org/how-to-participate-in-wear-orange/
- Take a picture of your candle or yourself in orange and post to social media. Flood social media with your light amidst the darkness of violence and a call for action to end gun violence. Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are willing to be featured on CSA social media sites.
- Read the recently released FACT SHEET where President Biden announces 13 New Action to Reduce Gun Violence.
Fond du Lac, WI 54937-8158
(920) 907-2300 Contact Us Site Map