Justice Alerts - July 23, 2021
The Victory Noll Sisters Small Grants Program
Seeding Creation Care
Have you heard? Small grants are available up to a maximum of $1,000 for groups, parishes and individuals. The priority deadline to apply is October 14th, 2021. (If funding remains thereafter, grants will be awarded on a rolling basis until the funds are exhausted.)
The types of activities that could be funded include:
- Projects/programs that connect to the Laudato Si’Action Platform (LSAP)
- Advocacy and dialogue with church and political leaders on our call to care for creation and our vulnerable neighbors
- Support for events (educational events, rallies, fairs, festivals) that connect to Season of Creation, Feast of St. Francis, Earth Day, or any of the seven Laudato Si’Action Platform goals.
- Participation in existing creation care events with the intention of lifting up the Catholic voice within them
- Prayer services and liturgies related to creation care
- Retreats, workshops, or forums to promote understanding, bridge-building, and healing related to creation care
- Service projects (tree-plantings, cleanups, community gardens, etc.)
- Carbon reduction activities
- Classroom instruction/curriculum related to creation care
Plastic Free July
As we continue Plastic Free July, do you wonder...
What more I can do? Well, do you...
Understand the problem of single-use plastics?
Keep useable bags handy when shopping?
Bring cloth or mesh bags for your produce?
Buy in bulk?
Use reusable straws, cups and mugs?
Bring your own utensils?
Wrap without plastic - use compostable parchment paper, a plate or silicone stretch lids instead?
BYOC - Bring your own container for leftovers?
Party without plastic (balloons, cups, decorations...)?
Please (re)visit https://www.sustainfdl.org/recycleinfo
Congratulations and thanks for your efforts!
Love, The Earth
The Biden administration is about to start the first of what will likely be several official rulemakings to reverse the last administration’s rollbacks of the Endangered Species Act, one of the most effective tools we have for protecting wildlife and its habitat. There are two things you can do right now to help: LEARN and TAKE ACTION.
If you missed this month's episode of Exploring Intersections: Catholic Sisters on Racism, Migration and Climate, you can find the podcast, "Ending Human Trafficking" here.
Next month's episode is "Eliminating Gun Violence" on August 11th.
Peace & Nonviolence
Pax Christi USA is holding a fabulous National Conference, via zoom, next Friday and Saturday, July 30 and 31 with speakers like Olga Segura, Megan McKenna, Marie Dennis, Fr. Bryan Massingale, and others! It includes a wrap-around event with the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative.
Information can be found HERE. Registration is free (though donations are welcomed), and you can drop in for all or parts of the conference as you like.
Citizenship for All: Faithful August Recess Advocacy on July 27 at 4pm CT
Sign up now for a webinar to learn how your faith community can put pressure on Congress during August recess to include citizenship for Dreamers, TPS holders, and essential workers - including farm workers - in the next recovery package.
Options to Take Action
Urge Congress & the Administration to Evacuate and PROTECT our Afghan Allies
Tell Congress: Support H.R. 2590 The Palestinian Children & Families Act Today!
Healthy Planet, Healthy People petition
Pass a national red flag law to help reduce gun violence.
Close down private immigration detention facilities
Tell Secretary Haaland know we stand with her and urge her to take swift, bold steps toward ending fossil fuel extraction on our public lands and waters.
Fond du Lac, WI 54937-8158
(920) 907-2300 Contact Us Site Map